There are several GIS software available in the GIS market. They are available in both paid and free or open source software.
How to Download QGIS
Following steps to download QGIS
- QGIS is available on Windows, MacOS X, Linux and Android, so based on your operating system you have to select the appropriate one. Here in this process, will select windows as our operating system.
- Now before download first check whether your windows is 32bit or 64bit by following these instructions
- Go to My computer icon on desktop- right click – properties- system type- 32 bit/64 bit
- Select the appropriate (32 or 64 bit) version of QGIS for download and click on the button to start the download.
- After download when you click on downloaded exe file you will be prompted by ‘User Account Control’ popup window, click on ‘Yes’.
The setup window will open. Click on ‘Next>’ as shown in above image.
In the next window, you prompted to choose the different components of QGIS and datasets, if you interested you can check the component you want to install or leave as default.
Now you can notice the setup will installing QGIS on your computer.